Inspired by bright sunny days and summer-time appetites, Will and I are trying new, lighter snacks to help fuel the hours spent hiking and swimming at the beach. Since I have a soft spot for potato chips, I decided to make these healthier interpretations...zucchini chips! I just sliced 'em super thin, spiced 'em up a bit and let them dehydrate. So yummy, crispy and spicy! I dare say that I enjoy them more than potato chips!!
And nothing is quite so yummy as beef jerky to snack on a five hour hike up a mountain. But who needs all those preservatives and crap put in the store brand jerky? Not us! Will sliced a London broil super thin and marinated the slices in beer, shoyu, spices and Worcestershire for 5 hours. Then, laid 'em out on the dehydrator for about 8 hours...
And nothing is quite so yummy as beef jerky to snack on a five hour hike up a mountain. But who needs all those preservatives and crap put in the store brand jerky? Not us! Will sliced a London broil super thin and marinated the slices in beer, shoyu, spices and Worcestershire for 5 hours. Then, laid 'em out on the dehydrator for about 8 hours...

No comments:
Post a Comment