Tuesday, June 1, 2010

long time...

So, I've come to realize that I'm not very good about maintaining three separate websites (facebook, journalism and this blog) at the same time. Unfortunately, this blog is the one I've failed at keeping up to date. May came and went super quickly. The end of the school year zoomed by and I ended up spending a bunch of time getting ready for graduation and summer. This year's graduation was in our new gym and it was beautiful. Here I am (on the left) walking up to the stage. And here are all the adorable kids of 2010.
After the ceremony, friends and family buried the graduates with leis, hugs and love. Here's Libby (one of my all time favorites) all smiles.
And here's A.J. who is heading off to Yale next year. His valedictorian speech was hilarious and full of inside jokes that had the kids (and me) cracking up.
Haley was hardly recognizable. Poor girl was buried alive!
Getting a big hug from Eli. Such a sweet kid.
Right after graduation, we all hopped on the bus for Project Grad (the overnight graduation party). Eli and Graham getting silly already.
Our first stop was Roy's restaurant. I made the mistake of sitting at a table with some of my silliest kiddos. Hardly got to eat the delicious food, I was laughing so hard.
After Roy's, we headed over to the water park which was open only for our group. Too much fun riding those crazy rides at 1am with my kids.
After two hours at the water park, we headed back to campus where the gym was transformed into a wild dance party, complete with dj, photo booth, volleyball nets and this fun green screen music video maker. Here are the kids in their green screen outfits.
And here's what it looked like in the video.
While the party was raging inside the gym, a 12 foot pile of snow was being delivered onto the soccer field. It was wild, wet, cold and way too much fun for 3am.
The mountain of snow was quickly converted into a million snowballs (many which were aimed at me)...but I still managed to get them all to stand on the pile for a quick pic.
As soon as the sun rose, we all headed over to the lookout where the kids were given stacks of letters that their friends, teachers and family had written to them. It was very emotional for the kids.
After reading and crying, they all got together to give their goodbye hugs. There wasn't a dry eye in the group. Although the night was exhausting, it was so special to be able to share this year and that fun with such an amazing class. Love you kids!

1 comment:

  1. Greta, you are the greatest blogger ever!!

    Pop

    ReplyDelete