Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sorry we're a day late! We were so busy enjoying roasted corned beef and caramelized cabbage while listening to a fabulous Irish music CD (thanks Gahagans!), that we plum forgot to take pics!
But in honor of the (somewhat silly) holiday yesterday, I had my senior class read "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" while my adorable sophomores wrote limericks about celebrities! Here are just a few of our favorites...
Michael Phelps
There once was a really fast swimmer
At the Olympics he was a winner!
But he partied a lot
And smoked some pot
And cannot have Kellogg's for dinner.
Harpo Marx
There once was a guy who was mute
He sat on, and broke his flute
He sulked and he cried
To his boss, he lied
Whenever he sits now he toots!
Bear Grylls (the survivor man on TV)
There once was a man in the woods
Some say he is misunderstood
He'll pee in a snake
And eat squirrel steak
I'd avoid his breath if I could.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!! Green hugs and lucky kisses to you all!
Your students are genius. A+ for the Michael Phelps one.
ReplyDelete